Playground Games has just lifted the veil on the next update of Forza Horizon 5, especially dedicated to the exploration of the map and its environments.
New options for photo mode
Forza Horizon’s next update is called Explore The Horizon. It comes with new features for photo mode, new rewards for scouts, and changes for overlanding.
As the developers explain, Explore The Horizon will test your knowledge of the Forza Horizon 5 map and introduce you to breathtaking landscapes. Here’s the full list of what’s new.
- 6 new vehicles
- Overlanding for some vehicles
- New Pathfinder Challenges
New photo mode options
- Time of day changes : Default, Dawn, Sunrise, Morning, Early Afternoon, Late Afternoon, Sunset, Evening, Night.
- Changes in weather conditions : Default, Clear, Clear after rain, Cloudy, Cloudy after rain, Overcast, Light precipitation, Heavy precipitation, Gale, Fog.
- Wheel tilt : Default, Right, Left, Right.
- Guidelines : Disabled, different aspect ratios, 9×9 grids, golden ratio.
- Character positions* : Driver’s seat, center front, left front, right front, center rear, left rear, right rear, left side and right side.
- Character Emotes : Various player unlocked emoticons are supported.
- Photo Presets : Added to the “Effects” menu, players can save, rename, and delete photo mode presets to quickly load their own photos. Photo mode presets allow you to quickly load their favorite photo mode settings.
- Portrait mode toggle : Accessible via the guidelines, this option allows players to see how the photo will display in portrait mode.
*Vehicle must be stationary to access character positions outside the car.
List of vehicles eligible for overlanding
- 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
- 1972 Chevrolet K-10 Custom
- 2019 DeBerti Ford Super Duty F-250 Lariat ’Transformer’
- 2020 Ford Super Duty F-450 DRW Platinum
- 2019 Ford Ranger Raptor
- 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor
- 2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
- 1986 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
- 2022 GMC HUMMER EV Pickup
- 2019 Hennessey VelociRaptor 6×6
- 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
- 1997 Land Rover Defender 90
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz G 63 AMG 6×6
- 2018 Mercedes-Benz X-Class
- 2016 Nissan TITAN Warrior Concept
- 2017 RAM 2500 Power Wagon
The Explore the Horizon update will be available to download on Xbox, Windows, and Steam starting Tuesday, May 23. Players can immediately try out the new photo mode enhancements and explore Mexico from a new perspective with Pathfinder’s braces. The series content will be available from Thursday, May 25 until June 22.
Leave a Reply