News culture “All the PVE money went in the car,” this GP Explorer partnership angers Overwatch fans
Yesterday was not just the PlayStation Showcase. Squeezie indeed took advantage of this beautiful evening to tell us more about the GP Explorer 2. But the announcements did not please everyone.
The GP Exporer 2: program and stables
squeeze had given us an appointment this evening to reveal new information on the GP Explorer 2. So no, these are not the names of the three still unknown drivers. The French Youtuber has indeed focused on the program of the event and the cars. A number of decisions have been made to improve the event, especially on the village side. This place reserved for ticketed spectators will offer more activities than last year, spread over five distinct areas, each with a food stand (to limit the wait for sustenance). In the program ? Arcade zones, a GP Explorer museum, an EVA Arena VR, an escape game in VR, a funfair, a relaxation zone and many other things. As for the detailed program of the day, you can find it below:
GP Explorer 2 program
- 7:30 a.m.: Gates and village open
- 8 a.m.: Beginning of the live
- 8:30 a.m.: Arrival of the drivers on the track
- 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.: Free practice
- 12h05 – 13h30 : Visite des stands
- 13h30 : Animation surprise
- 14h : Qualifications – Q1
- 14h50 : Qualifications – Q2
- 15h : Qualifications – Q3
- 16h : Grosse animation surprise
- 4:30 p.m.: Parade of pilots
- 5:25 p.m .: F4 grid layout
- 6:30 p.m.: Start of the race
- 19h35 : Podium
- 9 p.m.: Concerts (not broadcast live)
Other great information of the evening: the revelation of the stables and cars of the 12 teams. As for the first GP Explorer of the name, all the pilots will be sponsored by a box which will become their team. And who says sponsor, of course says big logo to display. The cars will therefore be personalized accordingly. squeeze has already unveiled the 12 teams and cars, to the delight of its spectators. But some have gritted their teeth when they discovered the stable of Kaatsup et LeBouseuh.
Ecuriues du GP Explorer 2
- Gentle Mates Stable: Squeezie and Gotaga
- Overwatch Stable 2: Kaatsup and LeBouseuh
- World of Tanks Stable: Etienne and Amixem
- Alpine stable: Djilsi and Theodort
- Mouv’ stable: AnaOnAir and Maxime Biaggi
- Cupra stable: Baghera and Horty
- Subway stable: Mister V and Théo Juice
- Alpine RACERS stable: Manon and Depielo
- Rhinoshield Stable: Seb and Maghla
- NordVPN stable: Sylvain and Pierre de Vilebrequin
- Crunchyroll Stable: Billy and?
- Samsung Galaxy stable: the mystery duo
But what’s the deal with Overwatch 2? At first glance, nothing special. It’s a well-known, well-liked and unproblematic game… at least not for the average gamer. Because Overwatch 2 is not really very popular with fans of the license. It must be said that Blizzard has recently taken some pretty damaging decisions for its community, for example by canceling the PvE part of the game or by removing the French cast from the Overwatch League.
The sponso that probably cost several Overwatch League for the FR cast
Come on GG my little face Vroom Vroom https://t.co/hZ8Oe7yDj7
— Adyboo (@MisterAdyboo) May 24, 2023
Suffice to say that the players have a grudge against the studio and seeing it sponsor a GP Explorer 2 team did not help matters. Many of them protested on the networks of what is perceived as yet another betrayal for them. “Blizzard who speedrun the race to “who takes us the most for turkeys after the government””, “They preferred to put their money in a car than in their own game”, “All the money from PVE went in the car “… The pill is hard to take, even if, as some have pointed out, there is a real difference between sponsoring an event that will bring in enormous visibility and financing certain parts of the game. But with its 800 million dollars of earnings in the first quarter, Activision Blizzard might have been able to do both. At least that’s what the players deplore.
On the side of the GP Explorer 2, on the other hand, the communication is successful. The 60,000 places available were sold out in 30 minutes. Suffice to say that the event promises to be even more popular than last year. Maybe a new Twitch viewership record to come?
Leave a Reply