• Between June 6 and August 20, DIGI continues the “DIGI Coin” promotional campaign, which offers a 50% discount on the value of the monthly subscription, for 4 months, to customers who port their phone number to the DIGI mobile network;
• At the same time, DIGI offers its subscribers some of the most advantageous roaming tariff plans in EEA (European Economic Area) member states, as well as in other popular tourist destinations;
• DIGI is the operator with the most extensive mobile voice coverage in the country, with a percentage of 98.8% of the Romanian population.
At the beginning of the summer season, “DIGI Coin” kicks off the most competitive roaming prices, through which DIGI users can enjoy affordable communication on vacation, without the worry of high costs for data traffic and international calls.
Thus, customers who choose the Unlimited subscription benefit from a generous package of multiple advantages: unlimited minutes of roaming in EEA member states (EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway), included roaming data traffic of up to 4.7 GB, traffic of internet and unlimited minutes in any national fixed and mobile network in Romania, SMS in the DIGI network and 3000 international minutes included in the main mobile networks in the USA, Canada, China and the EU.
In addition, for easy mobile connectivity adapted to travel needs, in countries outside the EEA, DIGI tariff plans are among the most convenient, such as:
• For Turkey, one of the favorite summer destinations, a special data roaming price applies 1.1 euro/GB, respectively 0.19 euro/minute for calls made to Romania;
• In Serbia and Macedonia, the tariff charged for roaming data traffic is 1 euro/GB, respectively 0.39 euro/minute for calls made to Romania;
• In the UK, mobile data roaming is charged at 0.7 euro/GB, respectively 0.015 euro/minute for calls made to Romania, while for the United States of America, a promotional rate of 0.4 euros/GB for roaming data traffic, respectively 0.025 euro/minute for calls made to Romania.
More information on roaming service and country-specific tariffs is available here.
Also, during the period June 6 – August 20new and existing customers will have 50% reduction from the value of the monthly subscription, for 4 months, when porting to the DIGI mobile network, both prepaid and postpaid, by contracting the type of Unlimited subscription, Optim 3 or Optim 2, for a period of 24 months. Depending on the number of Unlimited subscriptions purchased by the same subscriber, the final price varies between 3-5 Euro/month (VAT included).
The offer can be activated both on the DIGI.ro website, from the main page or from the customer account, as well as at the points of presence, through sales representatives or by calling the Customer Relations service (031.400.4600).
DIGI maintains its first position in the list of operators in terms of portability, currently serving 5.2 million mobile connections in the 4G and 5G network (data available as of 03/31/2023).
Also, DIGI has the largest portfolio of natural person subscribers for the mobile telephony segment, with a market share of 37.8%, according to the latest report published by the National Authority for Administration and Regulation in Communications (ANCOM).