It’s a food alert! A highly consumed product, present on the shelves of Mega Image stores, was urgently withdrawn. From the information provided by the famous chain of stores, it seems that this food was infested with an extremely dangerous, carcinogenic substance.
Food alert in Mega Image stores
There is panic in Mega Image stores after a highly consumed product was urgently withdrawn from the shelves. It is about several batches of Mogyi brand fried corn, which the representatives of the famous chain of stores say would be very dangerous.
More precisely, following some analyses, the specialists came to the conclusion that this product was contaminated with aflatoxin, a very dangerous substance for health. Thus, everyone who bought this product from Mega can return it urgently, and the company will ensure that all bags are destroyed.
“We want to inform you that Mega Image has withdrawn the MOGYI product from sale
MEXICORN FRIED CORN CHIL70 Lot 231110 – Expiration date -10.11.2023. The withdrawal of the product from the market and its recall from consumers were triggered at the request of the supplier, as contamination with aflatoxin was found,” Mega Image reported.
Thus, we are talking about the products Mexicorn with chilli 70 g (lots 231110, 231221, 240111, with validity dates 10.11.2023, 21.12.2023 and 11.01.2024), Mexicorn with salt 70 g (lot 240110, validity period 10.01. 2024) and Snack Mix Beer 80 g (batch 240120, expiration date 20.01.2024).
Aflatoxin can have toxic effects on the human body. Its most serious aspect is the carcinogenic effect. Eating food contaminated with aflatoxin is associated with the development of liver cancer, in particular. The World Health Organization (WHO) has classified aflatoxin as a group 1 carcinogen.
How dangerous is aflatoxin?
In addition to the risk of cancer, aflatoxin can also affect the normal functioning of the liver, causing hepatitis, cirrhosis and other serious conditions. It can also affect the immune system, the growth and development of the little ones and can cause, in the mildest case, symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and general weakness.
Make sure food is stored in proper conditions in a clean and dry environment. Avoid exposure to excessive moisture and store food in sealed containers to prevent aflatoxin contamination.
Farmers should be aware of the risks associated with aflatoxin and take measures to prevent infestation. These measures may include regular crop monitoring, use of appropriate irrigation methods, and proper crop care.