The National Authority for Consumer Protection closed the restaurant of “Pescobar” in Herăstrău. Thus, the inspectors were shocked by the mess in which the food was prepared in one of the most popular restaurants in the Capital.
The crayfish tavern was closed. What irregularities did ANPC discover?
Paul Nicolau’s restaurant, known as “Pescobar”, located in the park Herăstrau from Bucharestwas closed by ANPC, after inspectors discovered numerous irregularities.
Paul Nicolau declared that all the problems discovered in the restaurant closed by ANPC will be fixed in the shortest possible time.
The Taverna Racilor restaurant in Herăstrău was closed, so Consumer Protection is asking the City Hall and DSP to intervene in this case.
Read also: Seafood is fast
Taverna Racilor, checked several times
Also, the Bucharest-Ilfov Regional Commissioner for Consumer Protection (CRPCR) Bucharest-Ilfov carried out, between 01.06.2023-15.09.2023, several control actions at Taverna Racilor Herăstrău, managed by SC Nedsea SRL, and now by SC Commercial Diplomatic Club SRL.
According to the official statement, on June 1, fines of 25,000 lei were issued, 156 kg of non-compliant food products were stopped from being sold and it was decided to temporarily stop the unit from providing services until the deficiencies are remedied.
At a later check, the inspectors found that the measure of temporary closure was not respected, the company being penalized for contravention with a fine of 5,000 lei and it was proposed to issue the decision to close the restaurant.
On 22.06, contraventional sanctions were given again in the amount of 75,000 lei and a proposal was issued for the temporary closure of the unit for a duration of 6 months to 12 months for repeated violations and a proposal to stop illegal commercial practices.
Thus, on 28.06.2023, decision no. 259 of temporary closure of the unit for a duration of 6 months to 12 months for SC Nedsea SRL, the ANPC press release also shows.
The restaurant was closed, but it continued to function, so on 24.06.2023, another control was carried out, finding that SC Commercial Diplomatic Club SRL was now operating at the same workplace.
What sanctions were applied
-contravention fines in the amount of 15,000 lei
-definite stoppage of the sale of 186 kg of non-compliant food products, worth about 8100 lei
-temporary stoppage of services until deficiencies are remedied (refrigeration units).
On 15.09.2023 – SC Commercial Diplomatic Club SRL administrator was given the following sanctions:
-contravention fines in the amount of 25,000 lei
-definite stoppage of the sale of 560 kg of non-compliant food products, worth about 16,500 lei
-temporary stoppage of the unit from the provision of services until the deficiencies are remedied
– the proposal to temporarily close the unit for a period of 6 months to 12 months for repeated violations.
Also read: How to clean shrimp
What irregularities were discovered at Taverna Dacilor
– food products with a consumption limit date exceeded;
– the use of an unauthorized transport vehicle where the cooling system was not functional, as well as storage space for raw materials (frozen and refrigerated).
– non-compliance with the storage temperature of food products during transport;
– the use of raw materials and semi-prepared products without labels with identification and characterization elements
– the use of unsanitized refrigeration units, with rusted grates, ventilation system with massive dust deposits, depreciated and dirty drawers
– the presence of live insects (flies) in the unit
– changing the thermal state of the products
– non-compliance with the storage temperature of hot finished dishes
– the existence of improper conditions in the work space (unhygienic floor)
– lack of metrological verification of the scales used
– lack of information on the ingredients contained in the preparations, additives and allergens, in the menu list,
– lack of authorization issued by the City Hall.