The famous chef Jamie Oliver has revealed the list of ingredients and how to prepare the cheapest pasta. It doesn’t cost you more than 10 lei to cook this dish for yourself. Some products you already have in your kitchen. How you can enjoy a comforting and at the same time nutritious dish.
Chef Jamie Oliver, a new recipe
You can hardly find anything more delicious than a portion of pasta cooked at home in a simply perfect way. We’re not talking about those served at big restaurants, of course. Chef Jamie Oliver loves his cheap, easy-to-cook pasta recipe at home, which he’s also shared online.
You don’t have to worry about the calorie count or how healthy your pasta recipe is. It contains a lot of vegetables, being also known as a vegetable pasta recipe. Find out in the lines below which are the ingredients you need to prepare the food and how to proceed.
List of ingredients you need
- ½ x 170 g garlic bread
- olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 pieces of leek
- 1 bunch fresh basil (30 g)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 boxes of 400 g tomatoes
- 500 g pasta (orecchiette, conchiglie sau gemmi)
- 50 g Parmesan cheese (additional, for serving)
- 8 cubes/pieces of frozen spinach
Also read: Put this seasoning on chicken and it will taste fantastic. Jamie Oliver’s secret
How to make Jamie Oliver’s pasta
- Crumble the garlic bread in a blender and blend until fine crumbs are obtained.
- Toss the mixed crumbs with olive oil and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Peel and slice the garlic, then wash and slice the white part of the leek.
- Place 2 tablespoons of oil in a shallow pan over medium heat and add the garlic.
- Finely chop the basil stalk and add to the pan, along with the oregano.
- Fry the greens for a few minutes.
- Add the leeks to the pan, season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Cook the food gently for 10 minutes until soft.
- Stir the food until it starts to change color.
- Add the tomatoes, let it boil, then set the pan aside.
- Boil the pasta with salt for 8 minutes, then drain.
- Put the vegetables from the pan into the blender, with the basil leaves, and mix until smooth.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Mix the sauce with the cooked pasta.
- Grate the cheese on top of the pasta, then add the frozen spinach.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and put the pasta in the oven for 2 minutes, until it turns golden.
- At the end, sprinkle basil leaves on top of the parmesan pasta.