In 1998, Radu Anton Roman published at the Paideia publishing house one of the most important recent works of Romanian gastronomy, “Romanian Food, Wines and Customs”. In the recipe book you can find the cheapest food suitable for the Christmas fast. How you should prepare it.
You are not the only one who is stuck for ideas when it comes to preparing the right dishes for the fasting period. Radu Anton Roman, journalist, writer and TV producer, also dedicated himself to gastronomy, in 1998 publishing one of his emblematic works at the Paideia publishing house.
Radu Anton Roman’s special fasting recipe
In the work “Cooking, Wines and Romanian Customs”, Radu Anton Roman made public the recipe of the cheapest fasting dish, namely the mushroom salad, Adevărul notes. You don’t need a lot of time to prepare it. Plus, it’s filling. You will definitely be full after eating it.
To prepare Radu Anton Roman’s mushroom salad, you don’t need a lot of ingredients. In addition to the mushrooms and the products that season them, you will also need to prepare a sauce of water with pepper, salt, wine, vinegar and thyme. Boil the mushrooms in this juice, cut them and… that’s it! The food is ready!
You may also be interested in: How to make the best Lenten pasta. Chef Cătălin Scărlătescu’s special recipe
The necessary ingredients for the mushroom salad
- 1 glass of wine
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 knife tip dried thyme
- 1 kilogram of fleshy mushrooms (beech trout, chanterelles, cultivated white mushrooms)
- spices: salt, pepper
List of ingredients needed for the sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- a little mushroom juice
- greens: dill, parsley
How to prepare mushroom salad for Lent
- Break off the legs of the hat and rinse the mushrooms in several waters.
- A juice is prepared from: 1 liter of water with pepper, salt, wine, vinegar and thyme.
- Boil the mushrooms in the juice and let it boil for 15 minutes.
- Drain the mushrooms and leave to cool.
- Wash and chop the greens.
- Clean, wash and mash the garlic into a paste.
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices and sprinkle with vinegar, oil, garlic, 1-2 tablespoons of their juice.
You may also be interested in: What to put in periwinkle soup during Christmas Lent. It will taste the same even without the meat
Lent mushroom salad is ready. It can be served at the table and consumed immediately after preparation. Everyone will be happy with the end result. Good appetite!